Lowry Pueblo National Historic Landmark is a Puebloan “Chacoan Great House” that contains thirty-seven rooms, eight kivas, and one Great Kiva. Based on tree ring dates, wood and masonry construction at the site occurred between 1085 and 1172 CE. The pueblo, which was two stories tall, in places, was primarily occupied during the late Pueblo II period (ca. 1085 to 1150 CE), though there is evidence that people continued to use the site during the early Pueblo III period (into the mid-1200s). The contemporaneous community surrounding Lowry Pueblo contains other Chacoan Great Houses, other unit pueblos with kivas, rock art sites, agricultural sites and reservoirs.